Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Big Spiders and Full Suitcases

Dear family and friends,
 
     I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED! I've only been in this area for two transfers but hey it's time for another change huh? Elder Hebert's taking over the area. I'll have at least six areas now and my new companion will be my ninth! Wow! I've been moved around a lot! I like that though. I'd get really bored being in the same area for a long period of time. I finally get transferred after setting one baptismal date. That's crazy! 
 
     Speaking of that yesterday Elder Hebert and I set a baptismal date with an investigator named Michael Leon. That kid is golden! He's a former investigator that was being taught by a previous set of missionaries and they stopped teaching him and his family because his sisters weren't interested at all and according to them these guys were trying to avoid them. Michael apprantly already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and he already knew so much about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and the Plan of salvation. Now I won't get to teach him. 
 
         I hope I get transferred to a good area with actual work because this area is by far my worst in terms of missionary work. Seriously, I didn't get any baptisms when I was here, that's never happened before. Oh well, At least I didn't have to be here for very long. As usual I'm wondering what my new area will be and who my new companion will be as well. This is my second to last transfer. Man I don't believe it. What happened to all that time? Speaking of time, my trainer sent me his wedding invitation. ELDER MORTIMER'S GETTING MARRIED! He's been off his mission for seven months! Holy toledo that's quick! I wonder if Elder Bell's married. Hmmmmmmm.......
 
          We came across a family that owns a tarantula. Dang that spider's huge! It's actually quite small for a tarantula but it's still huge for a spider.
 
Well I'll send you all the e-mail about my new address. Oh boy, this will be a new adventure.
 
Love,

Elder Boothe

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your transfer. Hope it is a rewarding one. Received an email from Elder Hunter Lee from Ireland. He is enjoying his mission and asked about you. I emailed your info back to him. It is hot here, but scorching where you are. Try to keep cool. XOOGrmaB.

    ReplyDelete