Dear family and friends,
Another week passed by in Peoria and I am enjoying Elder
Kelley's company A LOT! He's been a great help and support! This week
may have been slow in terms of missionary work but if I were to have
another slow week I would have it with him instead of some of my other
companions. He works hard, he's bold, he's honest and he has some
amazing ideas! I'm hoping that he could be my last companion, even
though he's been in his area for 5 transfers already. He thinks he's
getting transferred but I hope he doesn't.
I don't know if I've told you this or not, but the members
that we live with own two annoying parrots. One of them is called
Charlie and the other one is called Baby. They're stuck in their cage
all day long and unless provoked into doing exercise they will stay in
their cage. Neither of them fly very well. One of them hit the wall on
the opposite side of the room and nearly fell into the garbage can. It
was pretty funny. Unlike most birds these two are graceless fliers. They
also have the most annoying squawk I've ever heard from any bird! No
"Paulie want a cracker" it's just an endless barrage of squawking.If
you wave one of Sister Andrew's shoes at them (the Andrews are still on
vacation) they start squawking big time and for some reason they become
frightened.
So Elder Kelley knows a bike mechanic in Surprise (one of his
former investigators) who gives free tune-ups on bikes. We went over
there on Tuesday and he (the bike mechanic Elder Kelley knew) HATED my
bike! The reason why is because my bike hasn't seen a bike shop since the day
of it's creation so it's been beat-up pretty bad. This guy had to do a
complete over-haul on my bike. I got new tires, new brakes, a new
shifter, a lubed up chain, etc. You name it he did it. He had two "smoke
breaks" over my bike. According to Elder Kelley that's never happened
before. Even with all the discounts that he gives to missionaries I
still had to pay a lot of money. Moral of the story: Keep up the general
maintenance of your bike, don't let the problem become HUGE! According
to Elder Kelley this applies to cars as well.
Last week we played "Commando" for our zone activity. It's
basically like Canadian dodgeball except with tennis balls and
barricades. It was really fun except for the time when I got nailed in
the crotch. MAN THAT HURT! Few things in life are that physically
painful.
By the way one of Lindee's friends is in one of the wards I
cover. Anybody know who Kelsey Warcup (her maiden name is Martinez)
is? She is from Fresno and she does know Lindee. By the way Lindee
Congratulations!
Love,
Elder Boothe

Hi Elder Boothe - You gave me the laught of the day talking about the annoying parrots. The over-haul on the bike was good for you because it will remind you when you get a car, not to ignore the maintenance. It is very costly to do so. Can't wait to hear about further adventures with Elder Kelley. So glad you like your companion. Much love. GmaB.
ReplyDelete