Monday, July 30, 2012

A Better Week

Dear family and friends, 
 
        This week went by better than last week. For starters we actually had investigators at church yesterday! Elder Hebert and I jumped up and down for joy singing Hallelujah! Okay we didn't really do that but you get the point. We've had a few more appointments which is so nice to have for a change. 
 
          Yesterday Elder Hebert, Brother Stewart (our ward mission leader) and I taught the third hour lesson. We've been preparing for it all month long and during coordination we even practiced all the role-play we wanted to do. Brother Stewart's wife didn't approve and after further thought and deliberation we cut it out of our lesson. At first the audience didn't participate but after I called our Relief Society president out people seemed to be more responsive. We all thought it went well after we did it. We even set up the ward mission plan in front of everyone. 
 
         One of our ward missionaries "made a confession" and told us that he felt bad about not doing his job so we put him to work immediately. We started by giving him our dinner calendar. By the end of church he had the whole month filled out. I was a happy missionary. The stake president signed up to eat with us for the end of the month! 
 
         So this is the last week of the transfer which means that next week's e-mail will come on Tuesday rather than Monday. Holy cow! Time flies fast if you know what I mean.
 
Love,
 
Elder Boothe

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elder Boothe - Glad the shirts arrived. I would have loved to have seen you and Elder Hebert jumping up and down for joy and singing Hallelujah because your investigators were at church. Great visual in my mind. Love you, GmaB.

    ReplyDelete