Monday, July 16, 2012

Sweating Buckets

Dear family and friends,
 
            When you don't have a whole lot going on in your area there's not a whole lot to say. On Tuesday the rumors that the church burned down because of arson were confirmed by the investigators (not mine since I really don't have many) and the cops and there's a $10,000 reward that goes to anyone that catches the person who did it. 
 
             The weather sure has been interesting lately. Since Elder Hebert and I were about 89 miles at the start of this week over what we should have been we decided to ride bikes all day for a couple of days and save up miles. I could have sworn I sweated off 5 pounds. I like feeling like I'm losing weight even though I don't like the feeling of being drenched in sweat. Of course these were during the hotter days of the week. Once the week progressed we were blessed with several days of rain. On Saturday it was pouring cats and dogs in the afternoon! We did not ride bikes in that weather. See that's the weird part about Arizona: You celebrate when you see a cloudy day and you groan when it's sunny. This is the exact opposite of how I would have reacted if I were in Modesto, or in Utah. The temperature's dropped but it made up with an increase in humidity. Some people complain but personally I would prefer upper 80's - mid 90's with extra humidity over 110 degrees with no humidity. That's just me though. Elder Hebert's from North Carolina and he does not like humidity so he would prefer high degrees of dry heat. Needless to say cars are awesome because they shield you from the elements. On Sunday there were a couple of dust storms that occurred in the area where I live. As we rode back from church we rode straight toward the dust storm. I thought it was pretty cool.
 
              Speaking of church Elder Hebert and I taught the EQ lesson. It was on sharing the gospel effectively of course. We got a fairly average amount of participation. They're quite a non-responsive group. On the 5th Sunday of this month we (Elder Hebert and I) along with our ward mission leader, Brother Stewart, are teaching the combined Priesthood/Relief Society lesson on whatever we want. We're trying to make this GOOD! 
 
          At least we're getting a bunch of refferals though. One of them came from one of our bishops. However, most of these people are never home. So that means we have to try again. We still need prayers for our area to improve.
 
Love,

Elder Boothe

1 comment:

  1. Glad that it cooled off for a while. I check the temp. in Phoenix in the paper daily, and I am always happy to know that you have a car on those 105-115 days. Did you receive the shirts? Love you, GmaB.

    ReplyDelete