Dear family and friends,
The most interesting part of my week happened on Saturday when
Elder Kelley ran into the back of a parked car. His knee broke the tail
light and he crashed to the ground. He really bashed his elbow and his
knee until he wasn't in any condition to ride a bike. We're probably
going to get a car. We just got back from the chiropractor's and he
wrote us a note telling us that Elder Kelley needs to stay off the bike.
Oh well I guess this should make up for all the lost time caused by him
trying to recover. Two days ago on Sunday I went on exchanges with my
district leader, Elder Gerber. The reason why is because Elder Gerber's
companion, Elder King, was sick so me and Gerber had companions that
were out of commission so we went on exchanges. Elder Gerber and Elder
King are Spanish missionaries and since their ward hadn't started yet I
tagged along with Elder Gerber and went to his ward. As you all know
Sunday was Fast Sunday and I felt prompted to bear my testimony in the
Spanish ward. Elder Gerber came up with me because he thought I was
going to need him to translate. I told him that I was going to
speak what Spanish I knew without a translator. I got up there, bore it,
and then sat down afterwards. All the people there said I spoke
good Spanish and that they could understand me just fine. I felt really
proud of myself for that.
Not much else to say other than the fact that the members
are saying things like "Oh you're just about to go home". Oh my gosh I
hate it when they say that.
Love,
Elder Boothe
Hello Elder Boothe- Sorry about Elder Kelley's elbow and knee. Hope he is better by this time. Are you going to get a car? I was fascinated that you bore your testimony in Spanish. Yeah. That's great! Elder Gerber didn't need to translate. Yes, Austin is getting married in Dec. Beautiful girl. Your dad's house looks very nice on facebook. Becca called. They are fine. Love and prayers, GmaB.
ReplyDelete