Dear family and friends,
Meet my new companion: Elder Beck. He's from Seattle,
Washington. He's been out for 7 1/2 months, this area is his second and
I'm his third companion. He's the youngest of 5 and he's the hardest
working missionary I've ever come across. Keep in mind that he's my 10th
companion out in the field so that's impressive. He's definitely got a
vision to get this area up and running. Because our area's dead (sigh)
he doesn't have a whole lot to take over at this point. He just needs to
get to know the members and he'll be good to go.
I forgot to mention that Elder Kelley and I ate with the
richest man in Arizona last week. His name is Jerry Moyes and wouldn't
you have it he's LDS! He's a really humble guy too. Everyone reading
this could fit their house/apartment/whatever you have in just one of
his rooms! It's beyond ridiculous. He also has an Olympic size pool with
a winding staircase. Like I said, it's impressive.
Well Peoria's still really hot, it won't cool down until I
leave. Fun stuff huh? Anyway I look forward to seeing you all again.
Love,
Elder Boothe
Me and Elder Kelley
An awesomely nerdy family in my area called the Winceks.
Me and Elder Beck



Wow. A new, energetic companion. Elder Beck looks like he is ready to go. Thanks for the pics. How did you come to eat at the rich man's house. What an experience to see a house that large. Did it motivate you to do the same? I can't believe that Phoenix area is still 105-115. Our area goes back to the 90s tomorrow. Sigh. The pictures help to feel like we are there with you. Thank you. Love you, GmaB.
ReplyDelete