Dear family and friends,
This week is transfer week, and the news just came out: I'M Staying but Elder Kelley's getting transferred! We
both figured that this was going to happen. Elder Kelley's been in his
area for 7 1/2 months. Plus the way everything's been going my last 3
companions prior to Elder Kelley were all 1 transfer each. Apparently
they can't find anyone who can put up with me for that long. Ha! Ha! Oh
well. This is my very last transfer on my mission! HOLY COW! I CAN'T
BELIEVE IT'S COMING! This is both exciting and terrifying! I wonder who
my new companion will be. Anyway about this week:
Ryan Alexander finally got baptized! We held his baptism on
Sunday so nobody would forget and we had the room packed to full
capacity. It was almost a standing room only because there were so many
people there. Elder Kelley was a great companion but now he's gone. I
will also be missing Elder Gerber since Elder Gerber's getting
transferred as well. I really got attached to them both. That's all I
have to report for the time being.
I love you all so much!
Elder Boothe
These are the pictures of Ryan Alexander's baptism! I included one of his family. His mother was a very happy woman!
Hello Elder Boothe - Wow! Only 6 more weeks and then you will fly into Modesto (as I understand it) to visit grandparents and friends for a few days, then on to SLC. I am excited to see you! It does make sense that you wouldn't be transferred at this time. Your experience with companions has been so great to hear about. You have had only good things to say about them. That makes YOU a good companion. Loved the pictures of Ryan Alexander's baptism. I check the Phoenix weather report each morning--can't believe you are still having 105 degree weather. You are going to love our weather--it is as if the weather knows it is Fall and time to cool down. Keep up the good work. Love you, GmaB.
ReplyDelete