Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A.N.T.S. and Three Transfers

Dear family and friends,
 
        Tomorrow marks 20 months for me! Wow! It's mind-blowing to think that I've been out that long! I have three transfers and four months left. I'm not trunky. My line of philosophy is "It is what it is". We all knew this would eventually happen. I always thought it was silly how missionaries lied about how long they've been out. We all knew it would be 2 years even before we got our calls. Besides the important part is serving honorably. I feel like I've got a long way to go even though everybody else says I don't.  
 
         I haven't heard transfer news yet. Elder Wood's been in this area for about 6 months going on 7 so he could be transferred today. I'm ready to take over if he does. This week was really slow regarding missionary work. My hope and prayer is that now that Elder Wood's medical woes are over we can get back to work. It's been a little frustrating but I've learned a thing or two about patience from this experience.
 
         We had exchanges this week. I went into my Spanish speaking district leader's area, but not with the district leader. My district leader and his companion live in an apartment with two other missionaries who are absolutely awesome! Elder Bartlett and Elder Burrows. Both of them are goofy guys and both of them have always been fun to be around. While I was on exchanges with Elder Lemon I worked out in the gym that's a part of their apartment complex. I haven't worked out in a gym since I was in Surprise about a year ago. I was sore. We also helped a part member family move. Despite the fact that I was sore aferward I felt really good doing service. 
 
         Last p-day after I e-mailed you all was a zone activity at a bowling alley. I stink at real bowling and got last place every time! After we bowled we played on the arcades and I won 4/7 air hockey games. Elder Bartlett and also one of my zone leaders called me an "air hockey champ". This past Wednesday was zone meeting where we learned about "becoming master teachers" and "how to involve members better in our teaching". Sister Taylor gave a wonderful presentation on positive thinking and about how to identify and eliminate "A.N.T.S." (Automatic Negative Thoughts. Of course we wouldn't learn about pest control on our mission) 
 
          I love you all and appreciate your prayers, love and support.
Love,
Elder Boothe

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elder Boothe - 20 months and much maturity later, it is wonderful to hear about your daily life. Can't wait until you are home, but you are ready for a lot of achievement before that I can tell. Glad you are feeling well. GmaB.

    ReplyDelete