Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A New Adventure

Dear family and friends,
 
        My Mother's Day call rocked! I loved talking to Ryan, Garit, Dad, Becca and Lorena. It was a breath of fresh air. A lot of this e-mail may be stuff I told them in my call already so please bear with me if this is old news to you. 
 
        As many of you have heard I am being transferred after 6 1/2 months of being in this area. My companion, Elder Buttars, is training a new missionary so I gotta go. Yesterday we went to the trainer's meeting so I got to see all the missionaries who are going to be training for these next two transfers. Most of the missionaries in there were in their last two transfers, which is why President Taylor assigned them as trainers since the new training program is for two transfers. I'm not surprised that I'm getting transferred and neither was Elder Buttars. I've been in my area for a while now and I feel like I did the work that I came here to do. 7 baptisms in 6 1/2 months. No complaints here. After the meeting we were waiting for our ride, who was dropping off Elder Catlett off at the mission home. In order to save some time President Taylor gave us a ride to the mission home. It was cool riding with President Taylor! He asked me where I wanted to go and he teased me by saying he'd give me transfer news early. I knew he was joking but I wanted to see if he'd really do it. Well I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'll be able to e-mail my new address to you all so you'll find out soon. 
 
         Right before I wrote this e-mail I helped my zone leader, Elder Pierson, move most of our zone into their new apartments. What happened is that whenever missionaries live in members homes the members sign a 2 year contract and when that 2 year contract is up the missionaries have to pack up and move somewhere else. Well President Taylor decided to rearrange almost the entire zone (we moved 4 companionships and there was another companionship that moved as well without our help) and told them to move on p-day. The zone leaders are in charge of helping missionaries move in to their new places but since one of our zone leaders went home because his 2 years were up guess who had to tag along with our one zone leader? Yours truly. Elder Buttars and I were not happy about helping most of our zone move on p-day but we were surprised at how quickly the moves were taken care of. We still have most of our p-day and one of the members that helped us move is buying us all food. Guess that's not so bad right?
 
          As I've already explained before we found a snake in our apartment. I remember taking a nap and seeing something wriggling around and thinking it was a giant worm. I told Elder Buttars to come see this huge worm and he identified it as a snake. I quickly pinned down the critter with a baseball bat and then Elder Buttars put a tupperware container over it. We eventually let it go. It still makes a cool story though. 
 
           Well that's all for now.
 
Love you guys a lot,
 
Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment