Dear family and friends,
It feels like forever since I last e-mailed you. Well his
week seemed to go by slowly. We had zone conference last Wednesday. You
know you've been out on the mission for a long time when you know
a bunch of different missionaries from each of the different zones. I
miss South Phoenix a lot. Several of the missionaries there said they
missed me and that the zone keeps forgetting that I got transferred.
I loved zone conference and got a lot of neat insights from it. I
received a large package from Grandma and Grandpa Boothe which I am very
grateful for. I always love surprises like that.
The work here moves by slowly. We had two investigators with
baptismal dates at the beginning of the week and now we don't. One of
them flaked out on us right before church started and the other one
came across some anti- material. However one of our bishops gave us a
solid referral and we found a part-member family who lives by some
active members so there are bright and promising aspects in the future.
Surpisingly enough I'm not down or discouraged about all of this. I
think the concept of the role agency plays in our work finally stuck
with me this time around. We're still struggling to get people to church
though which is frustrating.
The weather here is GORGEOUS! It's been in the 80-90's
recently. I'm just hoping that this weather lasts as long as it should.
Elder Wood had two of his wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. He
already had 2 out of 4 wisdom teeth removed before he came out but the
doctor ok'd his other two. Well he learned that his 2 wisdom teeth were
what caused his massive earache so he had them removed. Fortunately the
doctor didn't put him under so Elder Wood could drive home just
fine. Elder Wood slept for the rest of the day which means that I was
stuck with nothing to do. We basically had three days last week where we
didn't work very much (p-day, zone conference day plus Thursday). I
know the Lord will bless us as we continue to do our best and as we
continue to live our purpose we will find elect souls to teach and
baptize.
Still struggling with Elder Wood. Things are going a little better. Lots of prayers needed.
Love,
Elder Boothe
(P.S. I hit 19 months on Sunday! I only have three transfers after
this and we're starting week 3 of this transfer. I still feel like I've
been out a while)
No comments:
Post a Comment