Monday, April 9, 2012

My Companion Is Napoleon Dynamite

Dear family and friends,
 
         I am now 21. I don't feel any different from being 20. 21 isn't a big deal in the church since we don't drink alcoholic beverages anyway. Oh well. My Easter Sunday went by fast. The Bussino's invited us to their Easter family get-together on Saturday and I made sure to stuff my face full of funeral potatoes. It was a great experience and I enjoy being around the Bussino's. On Sunday our High Priest's group leader invited us to dinner at his place at the last minute. The food was good but I ate too much and gave the appearance of being sick. Fortunately that didn't happen. Our Relief Society president (a.k.a the High Priest group leader's wife) made us cookies and left the plate on our doorstep which we found Sunday morning. Our EQ President gave us a basket of candy that same day. Elder Buttars and I went to town on that basket of candy and rest assured it did not survive the night. 
 
          Elder Buttars is now my new companion. YAY! He got released from being a zone leader in the Phoenix North stake just prior to being my companion. He is now the district leader and the senior companion. He came out with Elder Adona so right now he's been out for 20 months. Once again, I'm the junior companion and I've been out for less time than my companion. Big whoop right? Anyway Elder Buttars knows what he's doing. He's very intelligent and you can totally tell that he's been a zone leader for forever from the way he talks. He's a phenomenal teacher and he gave me an extensive list about building trust with members. His voice, when he's naturally speaking, sounds identical to Napolean Dynamite's. Literally. This guy sounds like a walking Napoleon Dynamite impersonation. He actually did when a Napoleon Dynamite impersonation contest at his school in Logan, Utah. Speaking of which that's where he's from: Logan, Utah. He's my third companion from Utah. Half of all my companions have been from Utah. Is it just me or does Elder Buttars kind of resemble Austin Lee and Garit?
 
           The axle on my bike broke this week but Tommy's helping me fix it. Tommy's phenomenal to have in a tight situation. One of our investigators, Eric Bailon, finally got off probation! He has a baptismal date for this Saturday. He passed his interview on Saturday, which didn't take very long. He really wants to serve a mission which is really cool to see! Everyone's been keeping him excited about that.
 
            We've got interviews with President Taylor this Wednesday. That should be interesting.
 
      Love you lots,
 
      Elder Boothe  
 
(P.S. I don't know if my birthday's ever fallen on Easter before. I think it has but I'm not sure.)

1 comment:

  1. Your new companion Elder Buttars sounds great. A voice like Napolean Dynamite's will keep things interesting. Much good luck with investigator Eric Bailon. He sounds like he is ready. Hope your birthday was good. Love you.
    Gma.B.

    ReplyDelete