Monday, April 16, 2012

Bike Problems and Eric's Baptism

Dear family and friends, 
 
           Eric Bailon got baptized on Saurday! YAY! We've been waiting for this moment for three months now! Both Eric and I felt relieved once it was all over. He's been ready for this moment and he knew it too! The baptism was organized much better than some of my past baptisms (like Fred's) but it still started 20 minutes late. I kicked myself for telling the members the actual time of the baptism as opposed to telling them that it was half-an-hour earlier than it really was so that they would show up on time. Elder Adona and I did that a couple of times and experienced success with it. I felt the power of the Spirit as the talks were given and as Eric's home teacher (his family were assigned home teachers ever since his dad got baptized last November) baptized him.
 
            Next Sunday should yield a lot of good fruit! Bishop Osborne asked me and Elder Buttars to speak in sacrament meeting. My topic is on "the power of righteous judgment". Eric and Edward will also be receiving the priesthood along with Fred Massengale. In short three of our recent converts will be receiving the priesthood next week. Man I was so happy about that when I heard Bishop Osborne talking about it in priesthood! 
 
            One of the cool things about Elder Buttars is that he owns an ENORMOUS binder full of different talks by the GA's (General Authorities). We went down to the church and he copied at least 20 different talks for me to read. I'm almost done with all of them and there are some wonderful and amazing things written in them. A few of the talks that I've enjoyed so far are: "I Stand All Amazed" by Elder Holland, "The Bitter Cup and the Bloody Baptism" by Elder Holland, "Remember Lot's Wife" by Elder Holland, "Forget-Me-Nots" by President Uchtdorf, "An Educated Conscience" by Stephen R. Covey (not a GA but it was still a very informative talk on the subject of revelation)  and "A Tale of Three Kings" by Spencer W. Kimball. I don't have the time to go over all the awesomeness given in these talks but there are many wonderful insights gained from all of these. 
 
             We've had a lot of bike problems this week. Thankfully Tommy's been helping us with that or otherwise the bike trouble would take a bigger toll on us. The handlebars on Elder Buttar's bike were experiencing problems, the axle on my back tire broke along with the gears. Tommy already fixed my bike problems and from what I've heard he's fixed Elder Buttars' handlebars. Elder Buttars already changed at least three tubes on his bike. Yesterday we walked everywhere (our area is sixteen square miles if you multiply the width and length) and rode the bus. Thank heaven for the bus! It makes our lives so much easier! 
 
             On Wednesday we had interviews with President Taylor (who chastised us all today in his weekly e-mail to us). This interview was by far the shortest one ever conducted between me and President Taylor. Elder Buttars claimed that President Taylor told him that I've made significant progress these past few months. YAY! 
 
             Thank you all for the presents and the cards! They were wonderful! I pray for you all and I am so grateful for your love and support!
 
Love,

Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment