Monday, March 12, 2012

A week filled with awesomeness!‏

Dear family and friends,
 
        This week had some pretty cool stuff that happened in it in which I am soooo excited to tell you all. One is that on Saturday I went to the temple with the original intent of seeing one of my investigators from Surprise get sealed. I say "original intent" because the couple didn't getting sealed, they got their endowment. I was told that their sealing was a month earlier than what it really was. It was still a really good feeling there! One of my other investigators from Cottonwood got sealed prior to my arrival, which was fantastic! I got to see the members that I lived with when I was in Cottonwood before heading in the temple. We talked for a little bit and it felt really good! When I arrived at the endowment (I barely got there in time) I sat next to the bishop in one of my wards in Glendale. His son was getting married and the bishop's soon-to-be daughter-in-law was going through her endowment. Wow! I couldn't believe it! I had all four of my areas represented in the temple that day! That was pretty amazing! The people in Surprise demonstrated the thoughts that they felt that it hadn't been that long since I was last there. It's been about a year since then. There were a lot of good memories on that day. Brother Bussino, the "brother from the ward" that Dad alluded to in his letter, was excited to share the joy I felt that day. I was extremely excited. Rest assured it was an amazing experience.
 
        Elder Adona and I made a fruit pizza earlier in the week. It tasted pretty good. I also received a trench coat from my district leader about two weeks ago that I forgot to mention. Originally I told Elder Stephens that I was going to buy one when I got home but he said that he wasn't going to need one when summer came around so we struck a deal. I buy him dinner, since he was out of money because this happened at the end of February, and he gives me the trench coat. I couldn't pass up such an awesome deal! Later on that evening Elder Catlett lent me his shades and we took a picture of it. It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite movies of all time: The Matrix. 
 
          This morning Elder Adona and I woke up with the Spanish missionaries and joined their district on a sunrise hike. I didn't like waking up extra early but I like hikes (they're really easy for me) and I liked watching the sunset. Since Elder Catlett's mom literally gave him $50 worth of McDonald's gift cards he treated his entire district out to McDonald's. That was fun! Later on today as our district activity we're going to play card games and board games at the church. I'm really looking forward to that! 
 
           Yesterday Henry got the Aaronic Priesthood! YAY! I felt so happy and excited for him! He's been looking forward to getting the priesthood for a while now. It's been amazing to watch him grow and progress. What's even more amazing is that HE knows that he's changed a lot! This is the biggest reason why I came out on a mission in the first place and it's so awesome to see my investigators improve and progress in the gospel, whether it be through getting their endowments or whether it be through getting the priesthood! The funny thing about Henry getting the priesthood is that we had a lesson on the priesthood during Elder's quorum. What timing! Before Henry received the priesthood Elder Adona and I were asked by the Young Women's president to share our testimonies about how missionary work has changed our lives to the Young women. I prayed hard for the Spirit to speak through me. I'll share with you the points and highlights from it:
  • I brought up how being on a mission has caused me to realize that this Gospel is very real and that Christ is a very real influence in our lives
  • I brought up how grateful I am for my mother bringing me up the way she did
  • I shared my plaque scripture: 2 Nephi 25:26
  • The Church should not be taken for granted and that we are very blessed to have that solid gospel anchor in our lives
  • The Atonement of Jesus Christ is the greatest thing that's happened to mankind. It's power in my life is very real and I've made it a point to let it change me and to let it help me become more than what I once was
         The Young women talked about having another "missionary social" which sounds like a fireside where they bring non-member friends. It feels really good to see the members imporve and progress in their missionary efforts. I hope our testimonies inspired them to do something. I still wonder that. I felt the Spirit very powerfully when I bore my testimony and it's caused me to do a little bit of reflecting as well. It's awesome to see how much trust we've gained in the ward. When World War with the Ward happened last week Brother Bussino was involved and he had some kind of a talk with the bishop after Elder Adona and I met with the bishop and Brother Torres and he reported back that Bishop Osborne likes us. We must have made a good impression or something. Whatever the case our trust level with the members is increasing and that has been a very wonderful thing to see since that gets drilled into our heads from the moment that we hit the field.
 
That's all I can remember for now. I love you all and hope that you had a good week!
 
Love,

Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment