Dear family and friends,
The weather right now in Phoenix was phenomenal! Yesterday it was dark, cloudy, gloomy and rainy. It even hailed! This is the one time of the year that this happens so I'm counting my blessings and hoping that the weather stays this way. Everybody complained about the heat earlier in the week but 80 something degrees is nothing especially in comparison to what the summer's like. I don't understand why people in Arizona complain about 80 something degree weather. For me that's a breeze! Literally and figuratively.
We had zone meeting this week which means that President Taylor and Sister Taylor speak to us. We also watch annoying safety videos. I don't know why they show car safety videos in this zone and not bike saftey videos. Out of the 22 missionaries in our zone only six drive a car, the zone leaders and the sisters. The rest of us ride bikes. After the meeting we took a picture so you can see me and the rest of the other missionaries in my zone. In that meeting President Taylor introduced a new concept that he wants us to use when we knock on doors: He wants us to offer prayers to people inside their homes. At first the idea seemed very uncomfortable but it made sense after a while. Most other Christians are used to praying in public settings over homes and things like that. For them it's comfortable and natural. Elder Adona and I haven't seen any success with this approach but I'm sure there's a better way to do it.
Elder Adona and I play a lot of card games and we've been playing a lot of Uno. Right now we start off with 20 cards in our hands so there's room for a lot of Draw twos. Elder Adona was on the receiving end of that nasty chain. It was so hilarious that I had to put a picture of that up. In case any of you are worried that I'm slacking off, I want to make it clear that I am not. Us playing card games does not interfere with the work.
Anyway not much else happened so thank you all and I love you all so much.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment