Dear family and friends,
This last weekend was very stressful. Eric and Ikea did not get baptized. Elder Adona and I just fought World War 3 and it was emotionally taxing. We're going through some struggles that have brought me very low. I felt like blowing up at a lot of people but I didn't. We had a meeting with the bishop and with the ward mission leader. There was a lot of things that were said in that meeting and Elder Adona just kept saying "Don't get mad Boothe, don't get mad Boothe". I had an anxiety attack or two over this but when we got into the meeting we started off with a prayer which set the meeting straight and the Spirit was very strong. I said all the things that I wanted to say without getting angry. I was clear, I was bold, I was candid but I did not succumb to my anger. It's ironic that I was celebrating my recent victory when it finally occurred that I did something really stupid to someone I really cared about and the stupid action was about the very thing I thought I had overcome.
Moral of the story: Don't succumb to anger and don't be too quick to judge!
Recently Elder Adona and I attained an unlikely ally: Brother Bussino. He's a guy that's worked with over 300 missionaries on their different problems, be they personal or companion problems. Many of his friends were missionaries that he's worked with. He doesn't have a calling he just likes helping missionaries. He's been helping me and Elder Adona A LOT! He's been very helpful not only in increasing our doctrinal knowledge but he's also worked with us on how to help each other and ourselves. He's into real estate and he's very intelligent. He has a superman bike and a clone trooper helmet. Anyway I've only gotten to know him since the beginning of this transfer, about three weeks ago, and he's alrady made a dramatic difference in my life. I feel like I've overcome a lot of different trials nad obstacles with his help and right now I need to make amends to someone.
Outside of that this week has gone by really fast. We haven't found anyone new to teach though.
Elder Boothe
Hi Elder Boothe - You are learning some valuable lessons in being a companion, in being disappointed in others actions, and your own, and how to work on maturing in these areas. Too bad more of the population isn't getting the same positive experience to their action. The spirit seems to be working strongly in you.
ReplyDeleteGmaB.