Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tortises, Chris and Monsoon Season

Dear family,
 
                  This last week was pretty slow. The weather is living up to its reputation although the residents say that monsoon season is starting which means that there will actually be humidity, rain and dust storms. The most important part of the week happened on Sunday. There's this single guy named Chris who's been fellowshipped by this awesome member family. He came to church and bore a testimony! I've never seen a non-member do that before! Then in Gospel Principles class Brother Crabtree asked us to teach Lesson 1. He didn't give us any advance notice but nevertheless it was still really cool to teach Chris. Chris is a young single adult though and there is a young single adult ward in our stake but he doesn't want to go back to the young single adult ward because he said they were unfriendly to him. So there's been a little bit of controversy regarding where he's supposed to be. Elder Bird, my zone leader, said that it's up to him but he should be going to the Young Single Adult ward. It seems that our most interested investigators are young single adults. 
 
              We basically had the Fourth of July off. One of our ward mission leaders invited us over for breakfast and then we had dinner with a part-member family. I took naps here and there but other than that I didn't do anything that special. On a minor note there are a lot of tortoises in Arizona. There are two member families that I've stopped by recently that have pet tortoises. Elder Ware and I also found a toad in the gutter on our way home.
 
Love,
 
Elder Boothe

1 comment:

  1. Elder Boothe, it was good to get your letter. 119 degrees is HOT. I think the worst I saw on my mission was around 111 but its hard to tell when you have to convert from Celsius to Farenheight.

    So, here's the brief rundown of what's going on. I'm working for IT Solutions|Currie like I was before you left. The job is good and I enjoy it for the most part. As for my calling, I've been sent to the Elders Quorum now and have been released from Young Men altogether. I feel as though I was really there for a single youth since I was put in when he came in and I was released within days of him moving on to Teachers Quorum. Since then he's moved to Idaho. Sarah is mostly doing alright.
    As for your teaching pool, its always hard when you're back to finding and tracting. Never be afraid to try new finding methods or to utilize the resources you have. Working less actives is far and away the most efficent and enjoyable method you have so be sure to use it. I've been impressed with how well you are doing out there nad hope you continue to find happiness and success.

    Best Regards
    Dan Taylor

    ReplyDelete