Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hunting for Alligators, Eltoniesha Falters and P-Day on Tuesday

Dear family and friends,
 
            In case you're all wondering (or if you've even noticed) why you're getting the e-mail on Tuesday instead of Monday I'll tell you why: President Taylor (my new mission president) decided to change p-day from Monday to Tuesday. At least just for the week of transfers. So every six weeks you'll be getting an e-mail on Tuesday instead of Monday. Yeah it feels really weird! I just got transfer news before e-mailing you all and I'M STAYING! So is Elder Ware. This means that I will have stayed in the Glendale-Peoria area as long as I did in Surprise with Elder Bell. Wow! It's pretty neat to think how fast time flies. Speaking of time tomorrow marks the ninth month that I've been out on my mission. 
 
        So here's the update for Chris and Eltoniesha: Chris is on track for baptism. We just had an appointment with him yesterday and he sat through and did the baptismal interview questions with him. After that we went through his baptismal program and helped him figure out who's doing what. He's good to go. His baptismal interview is scheduled for this upcoming Saturday. We're excited! Toniesha on the other hand is not doing so good. She didn't show up to church again on Sunday and then we learned that she's going through some real problems right now so not only is she NOT getting baptized but we're not sure when to move her baptismal date. She's already been to church once so she just needs to come to church again and she'll be good to go. It's a little scary at times how Satan tries to tear down our investigators, even the golden ones, and just how good he can be at times. 
 
         On Wednesday I learned how to hunt for alligators and fish sharks. I learned these things by talking to an interesting missionary by the name of Elder Vaughan. He quite the character I must say. He's been out as long as I have and the funny thing is that when I got transferred to Elder Bell (his trainer) he got transferred to Elder Mortimer (my trainer). Elder Vaughan's from South Carolina and he's rather rambunctious at times. The reason why he knows how to hunt for alligators and fish sharks is because he's done them with his friends. He always has the craziest stories to tell and I crack up every time I'm with him. Oh and there's something else I forgot to bring up: Last week I talked about the Crabtree's but forgot to upload the pictures to Ryan. That's why there'll be pictures of me, Elder Ware and the Crabtrees on this particular post and not last week's. 
 
Well there isn't a whole lot else to tell. I love you all and pray for you,
 
Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment