Dear family and friends,
Grandma Barbara told me that she hadn't received my latest post in her latest letter that she wrote on Monday, which freaked me out a lot. I was really scared that myldsmail.net had goofed up another e-mail. Fortunately by the sound of it I'd have to say that the e-mail was sent successfully because normally I'd get an e-mail saying that it didn't get sent and I didn't get one so YEE-HAH! It is a great blessing to hear from the family. What did everyone think of the pictures? Did they like them? I have more waiting.
In case anyone doesn't know I'm staying with Elder Bell for his last transfer! That will make it three transfers now (18 weeks by the beginning of May)! He goes home May 3rd. Elder Bell also got called to be our district leader. For those who don't know what that is ask someone who's served a mission before because I have no time to explain. Elder Bell's never been in a leadership position before so being a district leader has put a lot of stress on him. Fortunately he's receiving a lot of strength from the Lord and I'm doing my best to help him.
This week was fairly uneventful but there is an experience I'd like to share. We had lunch at a member's home on Wednesday. The member (a.k.a Brother Fischer) wants to be a voice actor. He's currently doing a gig for the Sundance Film Festival. He's more specifically going to be the guy that announces the videos. He says that the voice acting industry isn't a cut-throat one and it pays well. He let us listen to his demo tapes that he sends to all these big voice acting companies. He did some pretty good ones too. He set up his own voice acting studio in his home and showed it to us. There's a part of his studio that absorbs sound like a vacuum. It's kind of freaky actually. I took pictures of it so you'll see what I'm talking about. This guy also has an N64 and a Sega Saturn (it's a really old game machine and it looks AWESOME!). In addition to all of this he has a theater room with a screen that's just as big as the ones in the Joseph Smith building in Utah (like the one where we watched the Testaments with Mom for the first time Garit). He has EVERYTHING when it comes to movies! I love coming to his house. He knows all the latest stuff about movies (he told me about the third Batman movie that will come out).
On Friday we had lunch at someone else's house. This someone else was a less active member whose last name was Gruwell. He was an old guy who's basically been all over the country and has been a teacher, principal and superintendent. His wife wasn't a member and wasn't interested in learning unfortunately. At least we got to see their house. Brother Gruwell likes to collect clowns. Kind of weird but whatever. This guy's also been to Japan. Really cool.
Just yesterday President Morris (the first counselor to President Beck) came over to one of our wards and gave the combined Relief Society and Priesthood a member missionary lesson. He's really good at pumping people up and getting them encouraged on things. He had us do a role play of members inviting us over to their friend's houses. It was short but it got the point across.
The weather around her's been weird recently because there was a storm on Monday of last week and for most of the week it's been in the lower seventies. The breeze feels fantastic! It's supposed to pick up this week and get hotter. Oh and I don't know if I mentioned this in my last e-mail but last week I taught Gospel Principles. It was on the Millennium.
Well that's it. I love you all and pray for you continually.
Love,
Elder Boothe
No comments:
Post a Comment