Dear family and friends,
This week went rather well and there were some cool things that happened!
First things first: WE GOT TWO BAPTISMS! Zenaido and Genesis were baptized this Saturday. It was a fantastic spiritual experience! We had some testimonies by Brother Lavu-Lavu (the ward missionary who conducted the service since our ward mission leader baptized Zenaido) and Zenaido himself, we had some little girls singing and I felt the Spirit powerfully when Elder Snook and I gave the presentation. The baptism started fifteen minutes late but it was still an awesome experience. The South Mountain ward did a great job welcoming and fellowshipping Zenaido and Genesis. I can tell that they will be well loved. Elder Dye, the missionary I replaced, came back to the baptism because Genesis specifically requested that he baptize her. We managed to get two of our investigators to see the baptism. One of them was Fred Massengale.
Fred Massengale is the first investigator that I met in this area and he's such a tender hearted guy. I love him a lot! He cried at the baptism and said that it was a powerful experience. He's very honest and sincere and it's obvious that he's been prepared by the Lord. He's soaking in the gospel about as fast as we're giving it to him. He currently has a baptismal date for December 3rd. He didn't believe that he could be baptized by that date but he believed that I knew what I was doing when I extended it to him so he went along with it anyway. Our biggest problem with Fred was getting him to come to church. He came to church once before I got here and he didn't come for two weeks in a row which really worried me but not only did he come to the baptism on Saturday but he also came to church yesterday! His interview's coming up this week so we're prepping him for that. He's been taught almost everything so I'm not worried at all in the slightest. When we were teaching him on Thursday he said that I "was possessed by the Spirit". I cracked up at that. I've never had an investigator claim that I was "possessed" before.
On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Brame, the missionary in the pictures. He's a goofy guy but I love him! We had a lot of fun on that exchange. One of the reasons why is because he has a crazy area! We stopped by this one guy's ranch and I saw an ostrich behind the front gate! I've never seen a real ostrich before so I took a picture. This one definitely looks different than the ostriches that I've seen in books. Right after that we contacted a model named Azelle and then talked to a wacky homeless guy riding his bike in the middle of the street. It was fun.
On Friday we had another exchange, only this time I took over the area. I can tell that you've all been praying for me because I was able to get around everywhere just fine. I knew where everyone lived and had no problem getting around. Unfortunately all our appointments fell through but that doesn't matter.
Elder Snook has only one week left before he goes home. HOLY COW! That means I'll be taking over the area for real this time around! I've gotten to know a few members and I can get around just fine but I still feel like there's something I'm missing. I don't know what that is though. Elder Snook's taking it really hard right now. Poor guy. He's taking it way harder than Elder Bell took it before he went home. It doesn't help that every missionary and member that he talks to (except me of course) is giving him a super hard time about it. One of the Spanish missionaries that lives with us even stated that Elder Snook's "so easy to make fun of". If I were him I'd probably be going psycho-ballistic on everyone as well.
I love you all and I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Boothe



Grant, it's never boring to read your blog! What a lovable elder you are!
ReplyDeleteThe Schofield clan is doing fine. For the first time in over 5 years we had all the kids home for Thanksgiving--that includes three grandchildren--all boys!
Yesterday we had a houseful of fun when many of Lyle's friends from high school stopped by to visit and our full time elders dropped in as well so I could help them prepare costumes for our ward's upcoming "Night in Bethlehem" event! They get to dress as Roman centurions!