Monday, November 14, 2011

Crazy Elder Snook, Splits and Zenido and Genisis

Dear family and friends,
 
        Thank you all for the love and support concerning me and the new area. That was a common theme amongst all the letters and the e-mails that I've received. I've made significant progress in learning where the streets are and I've gotten to know all the investigators that we're currently teaching at the moment. The reason for that is because almost all of the investigators that we've seen we've picked up since I've been in the area. The only exceptions that I know of is an old veteran named Hans Jacobsen and a man named Zenido along with his daughter Genesis. Speaking of Zenido and Genesis they passed their baptismal interviews this week! They're going to be baptized this Saturday. YEAH BABY THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! They're both ready to be baptized as well. Zenido's really humble and I can tell that he truly wants this for not only himself but also for his children. Genesis is Zenido's 9 year old daughter. The funny thing about Zenido's interview is that the missionary who conducted it said that he did it in "the best language ever: Espanglish". I had a good time with that. Most of the other people in our teaching pool, including Hans Jacobsen, are really hard to get in touch and usually don't show up for their appointments which is both sad and frustrating. 
 
       We found 5 new investigators this week which came as an answer to our prayers. 2 of them are leaving for Albuquerque this Wednesday, but we're still going to teach them and we can still bring the Spirit with us. The way I see it this week was an improvement from last week. We got more investigators to come to church, which is something we're struggling with, and we found a few people that look like they're going to be pretty solid. I'm excited to see what this new week brings! We're going on several exchanges this week and in one of them I'll be taking over the area. Oh boy here it comes! Right now I'm trying to learn more about the potential investigators and the referrals, along with where things are in relation to each other. I know how to get onto the major streets and use that to go different places, but now I'm trying to learn more about the distance between different places (i.e. how long it takes from one end to the other. Things like that) Plus I'm trying to figure out the whole bus situation, (i.e. their schedules and their routes) along with getting to know the members. Splits works out phenomenally when it comes toward getting to know the members and I think that I've laid the foundation for a good relationship with the Elders quorum presidency since I've gotten to know both el presidente and the first counselor and both times I've gone out with them were good experiences. 
 
      Elder Snook's getting crazier and crazier as the time for his departure approaches. Yesterday, which was his birthday, he forgot the phone, his planner, the keys to the church, one of his nametags (the one that didn't go on his suit) and the baptismal record for Genesis. Another interesting thing to note is that his bike frame cracked so we walked home and he spent 3 hours and 45 minutes putting everything on his old bike back to his new one. He's crazy awesome when it comes to bikes. The reason why the frame cracked is because he's been in two accidents involving cars and he's fallen off of a mountain. Yeah everyone gives him a hard time for that. The sisters in our district, who also cover the same ward that we do, gave him two birthday cakes in one day and told everyone at church on Sunday that it was his birthday. I didn't get him anything for his brithday because he looked like he was going to kill me if I did plus I'm trying not to give the poor guy a hard time since everybody else he comes in contact with does. The reason why he had two birthday cakes is because on Thursday we went to a Thanksgiving potluck that put on by a recent convert and the sisters told the recent convert that it was Elder Snook's birthday. Considering all the stress and pressure that he's going through I'd go crazy too.
 
Anyway thanks for the love and the prayers. I pray for you all too,
 
Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment