Dear family and friends,
A lot's happened since the last e-mail and I am a tired missionary so I'll try to do my best to explain everything. The first thing that happened is that the post office is suffering from "operational and financial cutbacks" so if you write to the mission office it will take longer to get to me. I still like letters and will try my best to write back to every one. Unfortunately today we had a zone activity so my p-day's been eaten up. I'll still try my best to get back to every one.
Okay so as far as transfer news goes Elder Ware and I are staying for an extra transfer. This will be my fourth transfer (soon to be fifth month) here in the Glendale North zone in the Mountain Ridge/Sierra Verde wards. Eltoniesha passed her baptismal interview on Saturday but we've heard some scary stories of how Eltoniesha still doesn't feel like she's ready! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That girl is so darn frustrating! We found another lady via MTC referral and set a baptismal date with her but she didn't come to church this last Sunday and she's not answering her phone. I seriously need prayers that these people will get a massive knock on the head that will wake them up! The Carpio family is also very frustrating right now! We need some solid investigators who want to jump in the font immediately or else this transfer will stink! At least I'm grateful to be Elder Ware's companion for yet another transfer. Sister Wright said "I already got the adoption papers filled out". Uh-oh! I may never leave Arizona!
Today during the zone activity we mixed ice cream salts together and ice and put them in a zip-lock bag and then threw the bag back and forth. It was supposed to make ice cream but I got milk shakes. We played A LOT of foursquare which is a really fun game. I have not played foursquare since the MTC. Sister Crabtree randomly showed up to church. I'm praying that this upcoming week will turn out much better than the last one. We need to get Eltoniesha dunked! She already passed the interview so what should be holding her back? I've gotten all your letters recently which has been an amazing refresher lately.
Love,
Elder Boothe
Hey, Elder B--I really appreciate your updates and I'm sorry I haven't written a hard copy letter for so long. Since school started for Peter and Emily in mid-August, life has been even busier. Talk about indecision--Peter is having a super hard time committing to attend seminary. I get up every morning to take him, but he can't seem to catch the spirit of it. He only attends, and is sometimes late at that, two or three times a week. I know he is challenged by being tired from the demands of football and homework. Of course it's also difficult to have no support from his dad who is unfortunately not going to influence him to do anything connected with the church. Still, I made up my mind no matter what, I am committed to seminary--I'm reading the scriptures the class is reading, etc.
ReplyDeleteI read about your investigators with interest. I'm sure they can use all the love and support they can get as they transition to committing to the gospel. It's not easy and takes massive effort, even for those who are sincere.