Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Carpio Family, Dog and a Possible Transfer,

Dear family and friends,
 
           The other missionary companionship in our district (the one with the car) decided to pick us up early today before we get transfer news so I cannot tell any of you whether I'm leaving or staying. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm staying since the work is going great! This week we had an appointment with Eltoniesha and we sat down and gave her the baptismal interview questions. If that were a real baptism interview she would've passed! She's still good for her baptism for September 17th. The funny thing is that it's during Stake Conference. Our stake presidency is getting released this upcoming stake conference, which starts on the 17th. Elder Ware and I were unaware of this when we set the baptismal date with her. We'll probably have to do it during the morning and we'll have to do the confirmation at the baptism too. Our stake is pretty big so they have to coordinate who's viewing stake conference in what building. There's going to be a broadcast of it in the other building. Most of the stake will be jam packed into the stake center. It should be a great opportunity for our investigators. There will be two members of the Seventy there which will be a neat experience! 
 
          I finally had to retire my shoes! After ten months of service (plus some time before I came out) I finally had to throw them away. I was hoping they'd last all the way toward October but they didn't. I had to bust out the other pair, which I'm breaking in right now. Also got a new bike lock and a new Camelbak bladder. I've been needing those for a while. 
 
          Here's a random story that happened this week. Elder Ware and I were on our way to our tracting location and we come across this random guy on the street. Well we contacted him and he said that he goes by the name of "Dog". We talked with him a while and he said that his truck ran out of gas and that he was looking for a gas station. There wasn't one close by and we offered to help so he gave us money for gas and we biked over to the nearest gas station, bought a gas container and filled up about a gallon of gas for him. It was a cool act of service that normally doesn't happen very often and it was a neat story. 
 
            The Carpio family's going through a rough time right now so they're going to be needing prayers. They're not going to be baptized on the 24th. They're not ready. They also don't feel comfortable going to Mountain Ridge so we're trying to work on getting them to go. 
 
Love,
 
Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment