(Letter sent to Ryan via Teryl)
Dear family,
Ryan won't have access to the blog until Saturday so I'll have to send it to you guys. There's not a whole lot to report on this week. Yesterday I conferred the Aaronic Priesthood to Ricky and ordained him to the office of a priest. I've never done that before. IT WAS AWESOME! Now we'll be teaching him the new member lessons shortly. We're now teaching this less-active lady named Shanna and her daughter Christina. Christina's a college student who's on break right now and living with her mother, Shanna. She got baptized when she was eight but her parents were less-active at the time so Christina never went to church after she got baptized. According to Shanna Christina "is an investigator for all intents and purposes". I'm grateful that we've been able to go over to their home and teach them something since most of our days consist of tracting, tracting and visiting potentials who just aren't home right now.
One of the wards (the Sierra Verde ward) we cover is mostly made up of college students since there's a college in the southern boundary of the ward. The college is known as "Midwestern University". The population of the ward fluctuates dramatically during the summer because a lot of the students move out in a few years time plus many of them go on vacation during the summer break. In fact most of the members in the Sierra Verde ward go on vacation during the summer student or no student. Plus there aren't a whole lot of people that have jobs either so people have to move out of the state, like the Crabtrees. I can't believe the Crabtrees are moving! They are such an awesome family! I've really come to know and love them and I feel very close to them. They'll be leaving July 22nd to Salt Lake City, Utah. Brother Crabtree got some job having to do with unmanned aircraft in the military.
The long, prophesied day of Arizona heat has come. This week I had to dig out my sunscreen and start using it. The temperature's been over 100 consistently and it makes tracting even less fun. The funny thing is that if the weather's in the 90's I'm usually fine, it's just 100+ degree weather.
Well I love you all oh and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!
Love,
Elder Boothe
No comments:
Post a Comment