Monday, October 15, 2012

Two More Weeks

Dear family and friends,
 
        I am pleased to report that this week was more eventful than the last. For starters we set a baptismal date with Ryan Alexander's brother Patrick for November 3rd. We also got haircuts that same day with a less active couple! The weather this week was actually quite nippy, reaching down to the 70's. In comparison to the weather in Utah that must be warm but here in Arizona you start putting on a jacket when it hits the 70's or lower. I am not looking forward to the shock that will take place once I get to Utah. 
 
        The people that we live with are moving out so that means we're moving out as well! The Andrews were planning to move in November and since the mission office wants us out of there a.s.a.p that means we'll be moving out by this Wednesday! Of course the mission office didn't inform us until this past Wednesday but whatever. We'll be moving to an apartment complex that the sister missionaries used to live in that's way outside of our area, and they're not giving us a car. I'll be fine since I only have about 1 1/2 weeks left but poor Elder Beck and whoever his new trainee is are going to have to scramble to find someone who will let them live with them. 
 
        In Gospel Principles yesterday, in one of our wards, nobody who was teaching the lesson so me and Elder Beck taught on the fly. That had to be the most awkward and the most boring lesson I've ever taught. There were like 5 people in class and only 1 of them actually responded. Oh well. 
 
         We found 3 new investigators this past week, which should make this week even better! Plus we've got General Authorities visiting us this Saturday! I'll let you all know how that went.
 
It's scary to think about how little time I have left! I love you all!
 
Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment