Dear family and friends,
I feel like this week's been yet another fun and exciting whirlwind week down here in South Phoenix where there's never a dull moment.
For starters I have a new companion! Elder Casey Adona from Nampton, Idaho! He's been out for 16 months and this is his third area! He is my fifth companion, just like I'm his fifth companion. Elder Adona hasn't been here for very long and he's already got a bunch of ideas for baptisms! With the rate we're going our area will truly become a fruitful field and we will start seeing weekly baptisms! Elder Adona loves to cook and pulled out two cook books and started flipping through for ideas on what he's going to make. Well I like to cook and I'm out of ideas for new things to make so I struck up a deal with him where if I bought some of the stuff for the recipes he'd teach me how to make some of the stuff so off we go! One of the recipes we're planning to make is...dun,dun,duuuuuuuuun, spicy pizza! That's right folks one of the first recipes I'm going to make is a pizza recipe that was listed on the back of a sausage container! Did you really expect anything less from me? We're also planning some other things to make too. Oh man my mouth is watering right now so I'll stop.
Speaking of baptisms Fred Massengale was baptized last Saturday by yours truly and he was confirmed yesterday. I've never personally organized a baptism before so this baptism was pretty unorganized. It started half an hour late! Fred didn't even show up until five minutes after the baptism was supposed to start! People down in South Phoenix are pathetic at showing up to baptisms on time. Zenaido's baptism started 15 minutes late. Yeah I was not happy about that at all! The important stuff though did get taken care of. Verl Farnsworth, Fred's best friend since childhood, gave a phenomenal talk on baptism. It was the best talk on baptism I've ever heard and I felt the Spirit wrap around me like a warm blanket. The Spirit was very powerful throughout the entire event. Just like I mentioned earlier I was the one who baptized Fred. I've never done a baptism before and I was very nervous about the whole experience. I did fine though since I didn't mess up on the prayer and I didn't have to redo the baptism.
If I were all of you I'd remember the name of Verl Farnsworth because he's going to be running for President in the upcoming election. He said that he wasn't going to jump in until the end of January since he's running on the Independent ticket and he doesn't have to worry about going through the primaries. The weather here has been super chilly as of late with the temperatures running in the 50's and lower. On saturday evening Elder Adona and I biked in cold heavy rain that was beating down on us for three hours. We went from house to house looking for potential investigators and finding some names that our High Priest Group leader gave to us. That was not fun at all! We were drenched to the bone and we were shivering afterwards! Elder Adona got sick from that but he's fine now.
Before I finish I'd like to bear my testimony to you all: I was extremely nervous throughout Fred's baptism and Heavenly Father knew I was going to have my nerves nearly shot so He helped me out by sending the Holy Ghost to calm my nerves down. Seriously it was a similar experiece to when I was called and set apart as a missionary. The Spirit of course is one of the greatest feelings in the world and to have the Spirit testify to one's soul is a magnificient feeling and I can testify that I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God that was called to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ back on the earth. I can testify to you that I know my Savior lives and that His atoning sacrifice is the greatest thing that's ever happened in my life. With Jesus none of us could get anywhere and there would be no point to coming down to earth. I love Him very much and everyday I stive to do His will. I love you all very, very much and you are in my thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment