Dear family and friends,
Another crazy week passed and I'm wondering what the next one will bring. Elder Adona and I spend most of our time looking through different various lists for the names of some potential investigators. Our high priest group leader gave us a huge list that we're going through right now. Other than that we're trying to stay afloat with all the advance planning that's required to get members to our lessons and investigators to church. It's a massive pain in the rear because both investigators and members alike flake out on us all the time! I'm still working on patience and reacting to people's mistakes with Christ-like love because I'm not much better at it now than when I started out here, granted I'm not pouting but there's improvement to be made. We had stake conference yesterday which was not welcome at ALL since it's way out of our area and there's so many people there. All our investigators, except for one, need rides to church so it's hard enough getting them to the normal building as is but getting them to a building way out of the area just isn't going to happen. In addition to that it's been a struggle getting these people to come to church. Two of our investigators have baptismal dates coming up: One on December 24th (Holly) and the other on December 31st (Henry). Holly's baptismal interview happens this Saturday. She's been sick with the flu so at least she has a valid excuse. Elder Adona and I gave her a blessing yesterday. Henry had two random soccer games happen on Sunday and he refused his ride to church (I really hate it when investigators do that) yesterday. We were blessed with another investigator by the name of Mischa though. She's a middle aged black lady with a crazy ADHD proscribed son named Josh. She's gone through a lot and all of our lessons have had major distractions but she accepted a baptismal date for January 28th. She's got a few hurdles to overcome but her heart's in the right place and things are looking up for her. We buried her dead dog on Saturday as an act of service. It was strange but I'm glad we could help her.
The pizza I mentioned last week was breakfast pizza and I made it today without Elder Adona's help! I cooked the pizza right which is why I feel like a big boy right now. I'm starting to cook more than I did before and I've already looked through Elder Adona's cookbook for some ideas and there's three recipes I'd like to try this week. I've been eating TONS of pasta lately. Speaking of food I weighed myself when we were teaching Fred Massengale on Thursday and I now weigh about 182 pounds! Do you know what this means? I've lost 30 pounds since I've been on my mission! Man that was really good news that made my day! My goal is to stay in the 170's-180's. I've been eating smaller portions and I'm still averaging about 20-26 miles of biking a day, granted I also ride the bus a lot but we still get around.
This week's the mission Christmas conference so next week you'll be getting some goofy Christmas-ey pictures. Oh and I'd like to thank Grandma and Grandpa Boothe for their amazing Christmas package! I use and abuse that sweater vest a lot which has allowed me to tie HUGE knots and get away with it (hee hee I love doing that) and for their awesome bags of trail mix and mac and cheese. I could really use help on planning in advance since that's the goal Elder Adona and I set since we've been a companionship. Oh and I could also use prayers on finding new people too.
Love from,
No comments:
Post a Comment