Dear family and friends,
I am pleased to report that Chris Brown passed his baptismal interview on Saturday. He will be baptized this upcoming Saturday. It feels great being able to have another baptism! July was pretty slow and then we found Chris and Eltoniesha. We've been struggling to find people and we've praying hard for the Lord to put some more people in our path for us to teach. The member family that's been fellowshipping Chris have done a fantastic job of fellowshipping him! Their entire family, along with Chris's family, will be attending his baptism this upcoming Saturday. We'll probably have to do most of the service in the chapel because there are so many people who are planning to show up! It reminds me of how well Ricky's baptism was attended. Chris has been solid gold and I've loved being able to teach him. He understands everything we teach him and he embraces it wholeheartedly. Chris had to be interviewed by President Morris in the mission presidency. President Morris is a wonderful man and I've loved being around him because he always uplifts and inspires me to do better. He also gives some pretty good council and instruction to both us and whoever else he meets with. He counseled us to involve Chris's parents in the lessons so that's our next plan of attack, involve Chris's parents and see if they're interested.
Yesterday we had 5 less actives come to church. 5! That's pretty incredible! Here's a pretty neat story with how I got one of our less actives to come to church. I noticed that I had a hole in my suit pants and Sister Wright was out of town so I couldn't ask her to fix it up for me and I don't know why but I wore it when we were visiting the Darne house and Sister Darne told me that she knows how to sew and do other things like that. So that's when I got the idea to drop off the pants to her Saturday evening and have her deliever it to me on Sunday at church. The plan worked beautifully and Sister Darne even brought her less active daughter-in-law with her too! I think we're off to a good start. Right now we're struggling to find people so please pray that Elder Ware and I will find someone who's been prepared by the Lord to hear the message of the Restored Gospel.
I love you all and I'm glad to be serving in the Phoenix Arizona mission,
No comments:
Post a Comment