On Sunday I got to celebrate my two month anniversary by confirming Cyndi and Rebekah. Cody wanted the bishop to do his confirmation. I was pretty nervous seeing as how I'd never done a confirmation before, but once we laid our hands on Cyndi and Rebekah's heads I felt the Spirit wash over me. Man that was amazing!
So on Monday we spent our p-day going up to Wickenburg which is a relatively small place that has the highest number of wealthy people per capita. I found that a little difficult to believe at first since the town was small and looked rustic. The really rich people live out in the boondocks and they don't show off their wealth either. The member that told me this said that a lot of the millionaire ranchers live here in the winter and he also said that a lot of celebrities go to rehab in Wickenburg. So we went over to the Stake President of Wickenburg's house, which is where the sister missionaries currently reside. He actually had a soft serve ice cream machine, and the biggest pan collection I've ever seen in my life. Before we went there we toured downtown Wickenburg, which for the most part was pretty boring. They have a few displays of the old pioneers and as you can see some of the missionaries decided to goof off. The missionary kissing the hand is Elder Beard, my district leader and the elder pretending to dance is my companion Elder Bell. The only other thing worth mentioning about Wickenburg is that we were fed lasagna out of a dutch oven.
So there's this new mission policy that's been going around where each companionship is required to go to mormon.org and browse around for one hour once a week. It's a very uplifting experience watching all the videos and things and Elder Bell and I have a few ideas about how to use it with our investigators.
Something else to mention is that on the night before Cyndi got baptized we went over to her house just to check up on her and while we were talking to her her youngest son Tanner made a temple out of legos. What was even better is that he put GUN TURRETS ON THE TEMPLE! Oh my goodness that was so awesome and worthy of mention that I simply had to tell you all about. Too bad I didn't get a picture of it though.
Well I love you all and am grateful to hear from you. I pray about you all everyday.
Love,
Elder Boothe
No comments:
Post a Comment