Dear friends and family,
It's another week in the life of Elder Boothe. Has everyone had a good New's Years Day? I'm assuming that this is the case since I haven't received any letters this week. Fortunately I did get mail from Dad and Grandma Boothe today. Thank you both so much! I hope I didn't come across as rude or demanding. I just love mail and I lvoe hearing from my family.
So one of the coolest experiences this week happened on Thursday. I was at a part-member family's house and the part member family makes T shirts for a living. The reason why we were over there was because we were doing service. I washed the screens while Elder Bell moved the t-shirts and the hats around. So a t shirt is made by someone having an image on a frame, the frame gets a bunch of paint and you put that on a screen that you press down on for eight screens at about 350 degrees and BOOM BABY a t shirt is born. Well after that's done someone has to wash the frame. It's actually pretty cool! I had to use three different spray bottles, wipe it down and then wash it down with a pressure washer. Oh my goodness that was so much fun! I enjoyed spraying everything down. It was quite therapeutic. I wouldn't mind making t-shirts as a side job. It actually seems quite appealing.
Okay so enough about that. We've been going through a lot with the Hargis family. Cyndi got strep throat on the day she was going to get interviewed for her baptism (which was yesterday) so we moved the date to Tuesday. One of her children isn't getting baptized because we determined that he's just not ready yet. The other two (Cody and Rebecca who are her older children) will be getting baptized with her on this Saturday, January 15th. Even though Satan's trying to stop the baptism we are determined to make this happen. Cyndi's determined too, which helped build our confidence.
Love,
Elder Boothe
P.S. Oh and one more thing. Next week the library will be closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day so I'll be e-mailing on Tuesday next week instead of Monday. Since I still have time the people in Surprise are anti-social! There used to be a law (in Surprise only) where we could only knock on certain doors because people could sign up for anti-soliciting lists. The law got revoked but a lot of people don't know that. We're also not allowed to knock on doors that say "No Soliciting". This is the only zone that has this problem since I've been told that nobody else in the mission has to go through this.
Sounds like you had fun! I miss you! Ryan and I pray for you and your success as a missionary. There are some small scale T-shirt machines that you could have for home use and make whatever T-shirts you like...I will tell you more when you get home.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Beccaboo
PS- Ryan and I have started the adoption process, so hopefully you will be an uncle to 1-2 little nieces or nephews within the year!!!!