Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Smooth as a Boothe

Dear family and friends,
 
                 Elder Sheets, one of the zone leaders I live with, is preparing to board a flight home. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Elder Adona and I are mourning his loss. We really liked him a lot and we made an enormous amount of happy memories together. Forutnately Elder Adona has his address so I can write to Elder Sheets after e-mailing you all. We took a lot of "apartment pictures" yesterday, most of them were goofy. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera with me so I won't be able to get the pictures over to you until next week. Elder Sheets gave me a brown suit which fit me perfectly! Everyone in our basement was saying "Smooth as a Boothe" so I'm definitely keeping it. Besides I've been looking for another suit since I only have one and it gets dirty a lot. 
 
                  Today is transfer day but I still don't have any news yet of whether I'm being transferred or not. I wish we e-mailed after we got transfer news so we could tell you whether or not we're being moved. We had zone conference on Tuesday which was very refreshing. Sister Taylor gave us all budget sheets and gave a lot of really helpful advice about buying things and all that. I know what you're all thinking right now "Yes! He's learning budgeting skills! YAY! Elder Boothe you're learning valuable budgeting skills this is going to help you for the rest of your life!" Trust me I get it. I do feel like I'm smart with my money since I have a lot of money left over by the end of the month. 
 
                  Unfortunately Elder Adona and I are in another finding slump. Our investigators are either being baptized, dropped or they simply don't pick up the phone or call back. Things are looking a little better though. Eric, Edward's younger brother, just passed his baptismal interview on Sunday so he's good to go for the baptism, assuming that we maintain daily contact with him this week. Eric's baptismal date is for February 29th. Edward's former girlfriend Ikea is getting baptized on March 3rd, which is the next Saturday after this one. 
 
                   Not much else to report. I guess you'll find out next week if I've been tranferred or not.
 
Love,

Elder Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment