Monday, February 14, 2011

Staying in.....Surprise ..... License issues


Dear family and friends,
  Last week we celebrated Elder Bell and Elder Beard's birthdays. They are both 21. We went to a member's house and jumped on the trampoline, played Pit and Catch Phrase and ate snack food the entire time. Almost all of our entire district was there. It was a very fun experience and I learned a new game: "Butt tag". As it's name suggests butt tag is tag on a trampoline except you have to tag everybody else with your butt. It's pretty fun actually and I never got it.

As to this new week, time has flown by like a hurricane! When Elder Bell turned 21 his liscense expired. He tried to renew his liscense but you have to be 24 according to Washington law. He tried getting an Arizona liscense but his parents can't find his birth certificate. Since I don't have a liscense we can't use our car right now so we either have to get rides or walk. Yes I know, everyone who reads this will be going "I told you so Elder Boothe. See this is what happens, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag". Yes I want to get a liscense when I get home. Yes I realize that it was a mistake not to get one. Anyway we'd normally ride our bikes except Elder Bell has some weird medical condition where he can't ride bikes for very long. He's not making an excuse either since I heard him explain to a member who was a doctor once and the doctor had heard about the condition before.

So what we're doing right now is waiting for Elder Bell's liscence renewal to come back. Our mission vehicle coordinator (a.k.a Elder Skonnard) sent some kind of weird application thing that will extend Elder Bell's liscense until he gets home (which is May 3rd). Once Elder Bell gets that we can use our car again.

While that happened we had to go on exchanges twice in a row this week! And I took over the area both times! It was quite a learning experience! I managed to teach some lessons and got some new investigators! We have an appointment with one of them today so we'll see how everything turns out. On Wednesday we had appointments with three new investigators and they all bombed their appointments! It was extremely disappointing for me and Elder Bell had to give me a massive pep talk, but hey you learn a lot of things while you're out on the mission. On Saturday I had to do a mini-exchange because Elder Bell's had a weird rash on his waist and he finally got an appointment with a dermatologist on Saturday. So Elder Beard had to drive him down to Phoenix (which was where this dermatologist person was) and I had a mini-exchange in my area until 12:00 when Elder Bell got back.

To make things even more interesting Elder Beard was playing with his phone  Monday, evening I think, and he accidently dropped his phone in water. So because their (Elder Beard and Elder Kelley) phone got messed up they've had to use our phone which got pretty annoying at times. Elder Ely, the housing coordinator and the mission office elder who takes care of our phones, had to drive here and fix it. So now Elder Beard and Elder Kelley have the "brick" again, which is what our old phones looked like. Even though they had a phone to use it didn't have all their contacts on it so we had to go to a Sprint store on Saturday and get that fixed. Like I said, we had a really crazy week.

Yesterday I bore my testimony in both of the wards that I serve in. One of our investigators came to church, which was very exciting for me. We've been coming over and teaching her for a few weeks now. Her name is Ashley Harris (I think I already mentioned her but if not here's some quick info) and her parents are both less active members. She stayed for two hours of church but chose to stay in primary to watch over her three year old son named DJ. DJ actually liked Primary which was really cool and I'm excited for them now that they're coming to church more often.

We did not go tracting yesterday for two reasons:
1) We had a lot of meetings and
2) It was Super Bowl Sunday.

I didn't even know when Super Bowl Sunday was until Saturday and I'm glad we didn't go tracting on Super Bowl Sunday because that would've really sucked. We got haircuts yesterday and I wanted to take a picture of myself with my new haircut but the batteries on my camera died so I'll have to get new ones today. We got our haircuts at a member's house in one of our wards and the members are a young couple with several rambunctious children. One of those children likes to draw comics for us. We've really been looking forward to them because they're pretty funny. He also drew an orange tree of life for us and a Darth Vader trading card. I wanted to take pictures of both of those and show you but my camera's out of batteries (it uses AA batteries) so I'll have to wait for next week in order to send them to you.

So today was the day of the transfers and... I'M STAYING IN SURPRISE WITH ELDER BELL! That's pretty cool. So he not only gets to step-train me he also gets to "greenie break" me. This is Elder Beard's last transfer. He goes home March 22nd, which is two days after the transfer ends.

Well that's my life for now. I'm still here in Surprise. I hope you're all doing well. I love you and pray for you.
Love,
Elder Boothe 

No comments:

Post a Comment