Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Post!

Merry Christmas everyone! Ho Ho Ho!
 
Yeah Christmas as a missionary is an interesting thing. The holidays aren't very fun times for missionaries since everyone has hectic plans and usually is either sick or out of town. We only had 3 people come for sacrament meeting between the two wards. Oh well. It'll get much better once everybody starts coming back. I'm sure you're all wondering what I did for Christmas. While I don't like how the season makes everybody's schedules hectic I always love Christmas no matter what. 
 
Christmas day started with the Spanish Elders coming over to the Connolly's (which is where we're living) and helping us make a fort. That's where we had our studies. After the fort we opened presents. I am extremely grateful for all the gifts I got considering that I wasn't expecting very many this year. I got:
  • An EFY CD (Thank you Becca)
  • A lot of healthy food and peanut-butter filled pretzels from Trader Joe's (Thank you Dad)
  • Long pajama bottoms and gloves (Thank you Grandma & Grandpa Boothe) 
  • A mountain of candy (Thank you Connolly's, Mortimers and Grandma Barbara)
  • A gift card to Carls Jr and McDonalds (Thank you Connolly's and Grandma Barbara)
  • 3 awesome ties (One came from my zone leader, Elder Bouwhuis, one came from our newest baptizee Aussie and one came from Elder Mortimer)
  • A hand-knitted scarf by some members in the Black Hills ward
  • Stamps and envelopes (Thank you Grandma Barbara)
  • And a whole bunch of other random crap like a slinky, a backscratcher and a finger skateboard. (Believe me I got more than that but it should give you an adequate idea of what I've got right now)
Needless to say I came out like a bandit. Our room right now is super messy because we have so much junk. I'm giving some of my presents away because
 
a) I have too much stuff and I don't want to carry it all with me
b) I genuinely like giving people things and I have a lot to give.
 
I also got two huge stockings from Elder Mortimer's family and the Connolly's. Elder Mortimer, my companion and my trainer, loves Carl's Jr. and got about 60 - 90 dollars worth of it in gift cards. Yeah he's pretty happy right now. Since I also got a gift card to Carls Jr guess where we went? Yeah big mistake I don't even like Carls Jr.
 
Afterwards I got to call home. Man it was awesome talking to Ryan, Garit and Dad! I loved every minute of it. Afterwards we went to Angela and Aussie's. Angela is a recent convert who was baptized right before I got into the mission field. Aussie is her daughter and it was her baptism that was on December 18th. They are so awesome and I always love coming to their place. I think I can honestly say that I love these people.
 
Anyway after going there we stopped by several people's places and absoultely stuffed ourselves silly. I'm sure I gained weight from that.
 
Before I end my post there's one more thing I'd like to bring up: TRANSFERS! Today is the day where we find out whether we're being transferred or not. Elder Mortimer and I are so nervous since he's been up here for about 10 months and he keeps telling me that I'm going to take over the area. Yeah that's a scary thought! I hope he gets to stick around for another transfer but I have no control over this. This will be my first transfer! It's amazing how much I've grown since the time I first got here! And that's just 6 weeks!  The next transfer goes from December 27th (tomorrow) to February 7th.
 
Well that's it for me. I love you all and pray continually for you.
Love,
Elder Boothe

1 comment:

  1. Elder Boothe-I've enjoyed reading your blogs an hearing of all your adventures. You are doing great and have made amazing progress in the short time you've been out. Keep working hard and good things will happen. Stay positive and continue to obey the mission rules. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Keep it up.
    Bishop Brooks

    ReplyDelete