Arizona Phoenix Mission
18001 N. 79th Avenue
Building C, Suite 50
Glendale, AZ 85308
I report to the Provo MTC on October 27, 2010 and I'll arrive at the mission home November 16, 2010. My mission president is Paul Sherman Beck. If you want to learn some more about him I suggest you go to this link.
Phoenix Arizona is the fifth largest city in the United States with a population of 1,601,587 people. It is currently surpassed by New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston. 35% of the population is Hispanic. July is the average warmest month with the average high being 107 degrees. December is the average coolest month with an average low of 44 degrees. March receives the highest amount of precipitation on average which is about 1.07 inches.
According to my mission president missionaries drink about one gallon of water everyday and part of my secondary packet included a paper on transporting my bike. My guess is that unless I'm called to be a zone leader or higher I'm probably going to be riding on a bike, or walking, for a good chunk of time. Personally I'm still hoping to be in an air conditioned car. The background picture is the Mesa, Arizona temple, which is in my mission boundaries.
Well that's my first post. This is where news about me and my endeavors will be. I'm very thankful for Ryan being my "administrator" and for running this blog while I'm away. By the way this was his idea. Thank him when you can. I appreciate all of your love and support with much sincerity.
Grant Boothe

No comments:
Post a Comment